Great work! Super clear and very little notes to add. You’ve done a super job and love that long camera truck back through all the creatures/time periods in scene 04. To answer your question, you can use your own words as long as you aren’t omitting anything from the script. I like to copy the details of the script as well as add my own description. This way, the reader can follow the story how it’s timed with the script as well as reading all the extra details I give it. In short, if I can look and read the board and have a loyal depiction of the script, it’s great. The way you have it at the moment definitely does the job. What else were you planning on adding... since you mentioned you will finish soon.
Sc 01: Specify if one title pop in first, if both show up at the same time, if they fade on, etc. Unless you’re actually dissolving from the titles on black screen to the rocky ground, then you’re correct in labeling the panels as you have (but it means you need to change your symbol and text to ‘dissolve.’ However, if it really is a fade in, is it fading in from black... which means that there would be no text on screen before the fade? Just make sure to put in the details so the reader can figure things out. Sc 01 Pnl 03-04-05: It’s fine as it is now, but if in the same spot, feel free to leave the last panel of page 01 empty so you can draw the full pan in one page. As I said, no need to change it for this assignment, but keep it in mind for future scenerios... it’s just easier to read when it’s in one place. SC02 PNL 3: Are you trucking in so tight to the water that we can kind of consider this some sort of ‘wipe’ scene? I would specify something like.. “we truck in so close the screen darkens to black unitl we cut to the next scene.” SC03 PNL 06: Since the camera seems fixed, you should specify how the fish enter the scene (for ex: “The fish swim into the scene” and add some arrows from where they came from.
Thank you for your feedback and for answering my question ! About adding things on the storyboard, I just forgot to erase that sentence of my post when I uploaded my finalized board. The board you commented on is actually the finished one, sorry for the confusion !
I've updated my panels with the corrections, I hope everything reads better now :)
Sc 01 / SC02 PNL 3 / SC03 PNL 06 : I've added some notes and arrows when needed to be more precise. Sc 01 Pnl 03-04-05 : I take good note of that !
Hello Angeline, Good job on the adjustments! Please see my notes... my arrows are in blue so they don’t get mixed up with what you’ve done. As you’ll see, I haven’t added much. I made a note on page 6 of your board about arrows. You’ll see those same arrows in SC 03 PNL 3-5-6, SC 04 PNL 2-3. They are drawn in perspective so we get a clearer idea of the movement the turtle makes (when it’s moving towards or away from the camera). Your arrows combined with some of the diagrams of your camera move makes things readable... but the perspective arrow adds just a bit more clarity. In short, what you’ve done works but consider the perspective arrow (if needed) for future projects you might jump into. Like I mentioned, you did a great job on the assignment. It was super clear and easy to read. Thumbs up!
Hi Angeline,
ReplyDeleteGreat work! Super clear and very little notes to add. You’ve done a super job and love that long camera truck back through all the creatures/time periods in scene 04.
To answer your question, you can use your own words as long as you aren’t omitting anything from the script. I like to copy the details of the script as well as add my own description. This way, the reader can follow the story how it’s timed with the script as well as reading all the extra details I give it. In short, if I can look and read the board and have a loyal depiction of the script, it’s great. The way you have it at the moment definitely does the job. What else were you planning on adding... since you mentioned you will finish soon.
Sc 01: Specify if one title pop in first, if both show up at the same time, if they fade on, etc. Unless you’re actually dissolving from the titles on black screen to the rocky ground, then you’re correct in labeling the panels as you have (but it means you need to change your symbol and text to ‘dissolve.’ However, if it really is a fade in, is it fading in from black... which means that there would be no text on screen before the fade? Just make sure to put in the details so the reader can figure things out.
Sc 01 Pnl 03-04-05: It’s fine as it is now, but if in the same spot, feel free to leave the last panel of page 01 empty so you can draw the full pan in one page. As I said, no need to change it for this assignment, but keep it in mind for future scenerios... it’s just easier to read when it’s in one place.
SC02 PNL 3: Are you trucking in so tight to the water that we can kind of consider this some sort of ‘wipe’ scene? I would specify something like.. “we truck in so close the screen darkens to black unitl we cut to the next scene.”
SC03 PNL 06: Since the camera seems fixed, you should specify how the fish enter the scene (for ex: “The fish swim into the scene” and add some arrows from where they came from.
Hi Jo,
DeleteThank you for your feedback and for answering my question !
About adding things on the storyboard, I just forgot to erase that sentence of my post when I uploaded my finalized board. The board you commented on is actually the finished one, sorry for the confusion !
I've updated my panels with the corrections, I hope everything reads better now :)
Sc 01 / SC02 PNL 3 / SC03 PNL 06 : I've added some notes and arrows when needed to be more precise.
Sc 01 Pnl 03-04-05 : I take good note of that !
Hello Angeline,
ReplyDeleteGood job on the adjustments! Please see my notes... my arrows are in blue so they don’t get mixed up with what you’ve done. As you’ll see, I haven’t added much. I made a note on page 6 of your board about arrows. You’ll see those same arrows in SC 03 PNL 3-5-6, SC 04 PNL 2-3. They are drawn in perspective so we get a clearer idea of the movement the turtle makes (when it’s moving towards or away from the camera). Your arrows combined with some of the diagrams of your camera move makes things readable... but the perspective arrow adds just a bit more clarity. In short, what you’ve done works but consider the perspective arrow (if needed) for future projects you might jump into.
Like I mentioned, you did a great job on the assignment. It was super clear and easy to read. Thumbs up!