Hi folks,
I hope you're enjoying your assignment.
As a refresher, here's what I'll be looking at when grading your boards:
- Please remember to fill out all the info on your pages. Labeling scenes/panels really helps in the reading of a board and easily identifies when there are cuts in your sequences. Without these details, there's a greater chance for a misreading of your board.
- I won't be judging you on the quality of your drawings but things still need to be readable. I need to be able to identify what or who is on screen. If your drawing is too rough to be readable, please make sure I can figure things out be reading your description or looking at your labels/arrows.
- If there's a camera move (zoom, pan, etc), remember to frame the first position and the last while including which direction the camera is moving with arrows.
- If something is written in the script, make sure you have it in your board. The only exception I'll allow is for those who chose the Adaptation script... the script mentions to cut from the baby to the restaurant scene. In this particular case, use whichever transition you're most comfortable.
- If an action or detail is not included in the script, feel free to add anything that you feel will help the visuals or story along.
- If you don't want to draw every pose of a movement, please write a more detailed description or include arrows so we know where movements are coming from. Each shot needs at least one panel so keep that in mind.
- Basically, I need to be able to shoot your scenes based solely on your boards so make sure everything's clear.
If you have any questions at any time, feel free to email me at johanne AT fluorescenthill.com
If you want early feedback, please submit your boards by wednesday evening at 10pm. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can by Thursday at some point. Final assignment is due Friday at 11:59 pm!
Remember to look at that cheat sheet I uploaded and have fun!
JO
PS: If you'd like in-person feedback, that can also be arranged.
Scripts and templates for storyboard workshop.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B84wNj3lceQ3S3JUUVplQ1VMNWc?usp=sharing
No comments:
Post a Comment